Boring but important stuff
Return & Exchange Policy
Thank you for shopping at Baobab Cafe operated by Baobab Cafe.
If, for any reason, You are not completely satisfied with a purchase We invite
You to review our policy on refunds and returns.
The following terms are applicable for any products that You purchased with
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined
under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether
they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Return and Refund Policy:
* You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company,
or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or
using the Service, as applicable.
* Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this
Agreement) refers to Baobab Cafe, 31 Market Street, Loughborough, LE11
* Service refers to the Website.
* Website refers to Baobab Cafe, accessible from http://www.baobab-
* Goods refer to the items offered for sale on the Service.
* Orders mean a request by You to purchase Goods from Us.
Your Order Cancellation Rights
You are entitled to cancel Your Order within 14 days without giving any reason
for doing so.
The deadline for cancelling an Order is 14 days from the date on which You
received the Goods or on which a third party you have appointed, who is not
the carrier, takes possession of the product delivered.
In order to exercise Your right of cancellation, You must inform Us of your
decision by means of a clear statement. You can inform us of your decision by:
* By email:
* By visiting this page on our website: http://www.baobab-cafe.co.uk/
* By phone number: 01509235319
We will reimburse You no later than 14 days from the day on which We receive
the returned Goods. We will use the same means of payment as You used for the
Order, and You will not incur any fees for such reimbursement.
Conditions for Returns
In order for the Goods to be eligible for a return, please make sure that:
* The Goods were purchased in the last 14 days
* The Goods are in the original packaging
The following Goods cannot be returned:
* The supply of Goods made to Your specifications or clearly personalized.
* The supply of Goods which according to their nature are not suitable to be
returned, deteriorate rapidly or where the date of expiry is over.
* The supply of Goods which are not suitable for return due to health
protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery.
* The supply of Goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature,
inseparably mixed with other items.
We reserve the right to refuse returns of any merchandise that does not meet
the above return conditions in our sole discretion.
Only regular priced Goods may be refunded. Unfortunately, Goods on sale cannot
be refunded. This exclusion may not apply to You if it is not permitted by
You are responsible for the cost and risk of returning the Goods to Us. You
should send the Goods at the following address:
31 Market Street, Loughborough, LE11 3ER
We cannot be held responsible for Goods damaged or lost in return shipment.
Therefore, We recommend an insured and trackable mail service. We are unable
to issue a refund without actual receipt of the Goods or proof of received
If the Goods were marked as a gift when purchased and then shipped directly to
you, You'll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the
returned product is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to You.
If the Goods weren't marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had
the Order shipped to themselves to give it to You later, We will send the
refund to the gift giver.
If you have any questions about our Returns and Refunds Policy, please contact
* By email:
* By visiting this page on our website: http://www.baobab-cafe.co.uk/
* By phone number: 01509235319
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read all these terms and conditions. As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 01509235319.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are Peter Vasil trading as Baobab
Cafe of 31 Market Street , Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE113ER with email address ; telephone number 01509235319; (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and
Conditions. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked 'I Accept'. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
5. Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order; 6. Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables
the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
7. Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
8. Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
10. Website means our website on which the Goods are advertised.
11. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for
illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
12. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you
provide is accurate.
13. All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability. 14. We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of
Personal information and Registration
15. When registering to use the Website you must set up a username and password. You remain responsible for all actions taken under the
chosen username and password and undertake not to disclose your username and password to anyone else and keep them secret.
Basis of Sale
18. The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on
the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay. 19. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your
responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly. 20. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation).
You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract. 21. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 1 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time. 22. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless
the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing. 23. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell
us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
24. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price
as we may agree in writing. 25. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order. 26. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before
delivery of the Goods.
27. We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay
and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into. 28. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies)
treat the Contract at an end if:
a. we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time
the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or b. after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not
delivered within that period. 29. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract. 30. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this. 31. If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or
the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
32. We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them. 33. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above
provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges. 34. If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable
costs of storing and redelivering them. 35. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable,
examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
36. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you. 37. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we
can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
38. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a
reason, and without incurring any liability. 39. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below.
Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
a. foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for current consumption in the household and which are supplied on frequent and regular
rounds to your residence or workplace; b. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised; c. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. 40. Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
a. in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
41. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. 42. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
43. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg
a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form. 44. You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel
the Contract on our website . If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay. 45. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before
the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
46. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of
delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
47. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
48. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or b. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods. 49. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later
than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract. 50. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed
otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
51. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at 31 Market Street , Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE113ER without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods. 52. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
a. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded; b. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the
consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
53. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following
obligation. 54. Upon delivery, the Goods will: a. be of satisfactory quality; b. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us
(unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and c. conform to their description. 55. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials. 56. We will provide the following after-sales service: guide on how to prepare coffee, storing of products etc. .
Successors and our sub-contractors
57. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the
Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
58. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and b. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
59. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal
a. 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive
95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR. b. 'GDPR' means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. c. 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR. 62. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you. 63. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
a. before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected; b. we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified; c. we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and d. we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure. 64. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: .
65. The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or
breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
66. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales. 67. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern
Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland. 68. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a
solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 working days..